Mission’s Youth Environmental Stewardship Club
Think Global and Act Local!
If you’re interested in meeting new people and making a positive impact on your community and the environment, then join Mission’s Youth Stewardship Club! Activities range from removing litter and invasive plants to allow for healthy native plant growth, to attending community events and club meetings.
We believe that change comes through action and that working together, we can create a clean and healthy environment.
This program includes meetings with Adopt-A-Block staff; co-ordinated events during which stewards can assist in cleaning stream, parks, trails, and roadways; opportunities in public speaking and community outreach; volunteers hours towards graduation; and Streamkeepers certificate.
Main learning outcomes of this program for students:
- How litter enters and moves through the environment
- How litter negatively affects the environment and how it can be safely removed
- Where litter should go (Landfill, Compost, Recycling)
- Create unique solutions to reducing litter on their school grounds and implement those solutions throughout the year
- Stream systems and the degenerative impact of waste (if applicable)
Participating Students will receive
- A club kit including a drawstring bag, re-useable water bottle, bracelet, and rite-in-the-rain book
- Meetings with Adopt-A-Block staff members
- Streamkeepers certification through the Pacific Streamkeepers Federation (an $80 value)
- Participation in the Love Where You Live campaign for a chance to win $500, $250, or $100 cash prizes
- Ongoing support throughout the school year as requested
To register your school please feel free to contact us through phone or email.
Advocate for Youth Environmental Stewardship Club: